Back to School

by C. Elkins, OK Math and Reading Lady

Here are a few links to some previous posts regarding literacy and math you might be interested in to help you start your journey this year.  And in case you didn’t see it, I now have an easy link to most of my own free resources. Creating this was one of my summer projects. Click here to get it now, but it is also available in the black bar above. See info at the end for another $25 subscriber / comment challenge!!  Have a great start to your year and Enjoy!!!

1. Getting to know you literature connection and math activity
  2. Building a classroom community (includes link to great team building practices)
  3. Writing part 1
  4. Guided Reading Part 1: Getting Started
  5. Guided Reading Part 2: Routines and Procedures
  6. Meaningful Student Engagement: Whole Class Reading
  7. Daily Math Meeting Part 1: Building Number Sense
  8. Daily Math Meeting Part 2: Subitizing
  9. Addition and Subtraction Part 1: Numerical Fluency
  10. Addition and Subtraction Part 3: Facts Strategies
  11. Multiplication Strategies Part 1
  12. Fractions Part 1: The basics

4 thoughts on “Back to School

1. We did the Chrysanthemum name graph activity and it went great! The kids enjoyed both the story and the activity! I also intend to try the greeting roll the ball game today! Thank you Cindy!

• Glad you liked the Chrysanthemum activity! Great way to build comprehension, empathy, and math concepts at the same time. I have another back to school book list I will post next.

2. Thank you for the referrals! I look forward to coming back to Lincoln. I’ll be there next week for faculty meeting. Then my first visits are Sept. 5-6.