by C. Elkins, OK Math and Reading Lady
With so many parents taking on the role as teacher, I thought I would provide some resources you can pass along to parents. In this post you will find some reading strategy help via one-page parent friendly guides (for primary and intermediate). I also included resources for math to provide some practical activities at home as well as some fun card and dice games that emphasize math skills. Feel free to pass them along. Enjoy!
- Strategies to try in addition to “sounding out” words: Reading With Your Child at Home
- Comprehension strategies for intermediate students: Reading comprehension for intermediate students
- Card games that enhance math skills (“Acing Math One Deck at a Time” Free from the Positive Engagement Project): http://www.pepnonprofit.org/mathematics.html
- Math games using dice:Dice games
- Activities to do at home to apply math skills:Things to do at home to increase math awareness one page CE
On another note:
I am in the process of moving from OK to Arizona!! We have lived in our home for the past 35 years . . . but we have this opportunity to be closer to our family (two sons, a daughter-in-law, our only grandson, and my sister). I am taking all of my teaching materials with me and still plan to continue my blog, develop more instructional resources, and provide PD via online platforms. I hope you all will stay tuned!! Stay safe everyone!!